Monday 5 March 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - March Tag

This was a lovely challenge.  I really enjoyed the mosaic work & know that I'll use this technique lots.




I began by cutting my tag from manila card. I didn't have the stamp but did have the wood effect embossing folder so inked this up with walnut stain ink & just sandwiched the tag inside the folder & applied some pressure.  The effect was quite good.  I then distressed the edges by inking with the same colour then scrapped the edges with a distressing blade.  Couldn't find the metal flowers anywhere (can you believe it & in my lovely tidy study!!) so cut some flowers and leaves from my Silhouette Cameo & used a mixture of 'Heat it up' verdigris embossing powder & Tim's walnut stain distress powder.  Note to self:  do not touch in future until cooled down!  Patience is a virtue.    I also embossed the head of the brad for an antique look.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and spritzed with Perfect Pearls 'heirloom gold'.  The mosaic butterflies were fun to do (as per Tim's instructions) although I used the distress embossing powder again as I had no 'cement' powder . Looking forward to the next challenge already! 


2 comments: