Wednesday 9 May 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 204 - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue

This week's theme from Hels Sheridan is blue & brown.  I love blue & brown together so that's a good start! Hels has made another stunning tag on this theme so take a look & be inspired.


Firstly I painted my tag with a mixture of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish in south pacific & ice blue, using a 'special touch of mica' dotty mask for some of the painting.  After drying I stamped an Artemio script in Memento's rich cocoa. This bled out a bit but I quite liked the effect so kept it.  I then sprayed tumbled glass distress stain through the dotty mask, edged with walnut stain & dried.  I cut out a scalloped border from Tim's Kraft Resist card & also edged with walnut stain. I am trying to use up old bits & pieces & found a card 'scroll', painted it with Fresco chocolate pudding paint & spritzed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Creme de Chocolat.  The moth was stamped in black & sprayed  with Cosmic Shimmer Teal Wash Mist then adorned with some bling! The flower (from my blog candy) was painted in south pacific & ice blue & layered up with a K&Co brad. I can't chuck anything away so a broken old paper clip charm had a new Prima flower added to it.  The words 'Secret Garden' (PaperArtsy) was stamped in brown & coloured in stormy sky & walnut stain ink, flicked with water &  had the corners rounded & attached to clip. Finally I added blue & brown vintage ribbon & a brown Prima wired gem.



4 comments:

  1. oooh, now this is delish Sue, LOVE the colours and the little bits and bobs make it perfect.... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper again... twas grand to meet you on Sunday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great tag - love the background and all the embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, this is fabulous! I love the colours and everything else - wow. Although I am a follower of yours I do not seem to get your posts on my reader so I have now subscribed by email too, don't want to miss anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, me again. I am new to this too and had not realised that I need to sign in to Blogger each day (as well as igoogle) and have just found 79 unread messages - that will teach me! I think it is all OK now anyway, thanks for coming back to me. Regards, Anne x

    ReplyDelete