Sunday 20 May 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 206 - Will It Go Round In Circles

My most speedy post to date! This weeks challenge from Hels is Circles. I had to complete this quickly as I have to clear my conservatory (my 'craft' room) this week for a 'Safari Supper' on Saturday. I don't know how I am supposed to find a home for all my bits & pieces but expecting my guests to dine on a table covered in paper & glue might be a step too far!

Anyway, I started by cutting two large circles & gluing together as I didn't have a strong card to hand. I then inked up two stamps from Artemio with snow cap paint dabber for a paint resist background. Next I inked the card with stormy sky, bundled sage, antique linen & scattered straw DI & lightly rubbed the surface to remove some of the ink from the stamped images. I cut a circle band, inked to match card & attached with foam pads to add dimension. From my Silhouette I cut two leaf borders from BasicGrey Urban Prairie paper,  one slightly bigger than the other, edged with walnut stain & placed on top of the circle band, entwining some of the leaves. The card flowers & bird were from my blog candy. I spritzed the flowers with Cosmic Shimmer teal wash mist, edged with walnut stain & added black & platinum brads to the centres. I inked the bird with stormy sky in the middle & walnut stain around the edges & then over stamped with a Papermania 'Urban' script stamp in Versafine smokey gray, gave him a brad eye & sat him behind some of the leaves. Lastly I placed the flowers all around the leaves & a few little butterflies (Martha Stewart) punched out of BasicGrey card & spritzed as above.  I have to say that I really enjoyed this project - quite different for me.

Thanks for taking a look and for those of you who have left me comments I am so grateful. It's really nice to read your messages. Sx




7 comments:

  1. Sue, you were quick off the mark with this beautiful piece, I love it, the colours are wonderful and I love the way the bird is peeking through the foliage. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I'm still trying to think! Well done,this is a lovely Piece of Art! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sue. I love the colours and the resist too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours on this piece - it looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cor this is GORGEOUS... LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it... see, I LOVES it! Hope you have a lovely Safari evening... if you need rent-a-hippo, I can come along too rofl... have a lovely time... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue. This is absolutely fab. I love your background paper and the die cut leaves and flowers are stunning. Hope the Safari night went well crafty hugs Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue,
    I love this project, it's so pretty. The colours are perfect and the resist technique on the background works really well. The little biride is soooo cute. Hope your evening went well. Thanks for your lovely comment over on my blog, most appreciated. happy crafting! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete