Thursday 19 July 2012

Sunday Stampers - Week 214 - Bits & Pieces

Well nearly at the end of term & it's wonderful to have the six weeks summer holiday stretched out before me.  Sounds like a long time but you'd be surprised how quickly it seems to go & then as soon as we're back at school it seems like (dare I say it) Christmas is just around the corner!!  Sorry about that, where was I?  Oh yes ... summer! 
Hels chose 'embellishments' for her challenge this week so I decided to scrap around & find 'bits and pieces' (sorry about that!) that I hadn't finished or used yet.  I began by edging a piece of TH script paper with walnut stain then spritzed with some perfect pearls I had already mixed up. I'm going mad with my mixing at the moment - it's a bit like alchemy I've decided!  I mounted the script card onto black card.  I had started putting together this TH butterfly & had just left the poor thing so I decided to finish it off .  I had used alcohol inks on acetate  & placed behind the main part of the wings.  I had made the little flower some time ago so attached it to the body then added the pearl hat pins (Creative Expressions I think) for antenna's.  Wrapped some sheer ribbon around the card & added the brass brad.  I spritzed wooden flowers with perfect pearls (another mixture) then edged them with walnut stain, added some bling then arranged them in the right bottom corner of the card.  I found an old set of words from Anna Griffin & edged the word 'nature' with walnut stain then stamped 'take flight' from Paper Artsy and added a  Prima flower stamp to finish it off.  I knew these bits & bobs would come in handy! Have a good week. Bye for now.  Sx



6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, your card is absolutely stunning, I love that butterfly die (don't have it yet) and the way you have coloured behind it on acetate - beautiful colours. I have never thought to use hat pins for antennae - brilliant idea. Hope you enjoy your break, as you say, it will soon be over! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue :-) this is stunning. I love this die and what a fab idea to use hatpins as antennae. I love the Anna griffin words, they look brilliant as do your spritzer flowers. Gorgeous card. Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - especially like the subtle colouring of the butterfly's wings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, LOVE LOVE LOVE those wooden flowers... NEED NEED NEED some...NOW!!! Where are they from please? I shall be dreaming of them tonight! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful...that butterfly is gorgeous...on my wish list! Lve the flowers and the colours you have chosen are fab ! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, just been going through your previous posts and realised I can't miss out on your posts in future, so I am your latest follower. LOVE what you do and your style of crafting. Just beautiful, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete