Saturday 4 August 2012

Sunday Stampers - Week 216 - Fields of Gold

Well the Olympics are hotting up even if the weather is cooling down! Clive, Matt & I went into London yesterday to soak up some of the atmosphere as we couldn't get tickets to the park. Westfield was buzzing & we enjoyed the sights & sounds.  Great reactions when Team GB won a gold medal. On the theme of gold (seamless link eh?) Hels Sheridan chose 'Fields of Gold' (gold) to be this weeks Sunday Stampers theme so here goes...

As my 'minimal spend 2012' continues I found some nice creamy card in my stash that had a crackle effect on it. I edged it with walnut stain & adhered to card. I cut out a frame from my Silhouette & added some gold wax around the edges.  I stamped the photo slide mount with an old Impression Obsession stamp & embossed with walnut stain distress powder then edged again with the gold wax & a little bit of frayed burlap ink.  As I cannot throw away any little scrap of paper I found some TH Kraft resist card & placed inside the photo slide mount  after spritzing it with Heirloom Gold. The other piece was stamped with a 'My Mind's Eye' (Lost & Found) sentiment, inked round the edges with walnut stain (again) & mounted onto black card & attached with two gold brads.  The pointing hand was from the same stamp set. Finally I added the gold crown which I think was from an Anna Griffin set.


You will all be amazed to learn that my house was in excellent order after Matt's party last week although I do think he spent a few hours cleaning & hoovering! He may be moving to Manchester in September so I have just got to make the most of the summer holiday with him.

Thanks for all of your lovely comments this week. I am thrilled to be a Tim Holtz winner for the July tag. It was great to see that a few of us had made the list - very exciting.  Bye for now. Sx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, Love that gold crown and the background is so striking, it really sets the crown off well. We are thoroughly enjoying everything about the Olympics but I must admit I am exhausted after all this edge of the seat stuff! Good to hear that your Son's party went off without event....A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...amazing card...the colours are gorgeous, I loVe the faint crackle background paper, infact all your paper choices are perfect for showing off the sumptuous golden heart, i loVe this card it's gorgeous...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely... crackle background is yummy, and the stamp on the photo mount sent me straight to Google to have a look for Impression Obsession. Love the text as background to that golden crown too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely! Great colour choices with the black frame really setting off the crown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is lovely... more than just lovely though, tis gorgeous... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete