Tuesday 14 August 2012

Sunday Stampers - Week 218 - Shiny Happy People

Hels Sheridan has been making goodies out of metal for this weeks challenge, 'Shiny'.  Go check out her wonderful blog here.  Strangely enough I had been having a play with metal last week but not very successfully!  I planned to do some metallic flowers but when I came across this TH die I changed my mind.

I cut the birdcage from a silver metal sheet (Ten Second Studio) mounted onto grungepaper & added the Prima flowers to the base of it instead of hanging beads.  Found some pretty Crafty Individuals script paper, edged with walnut stain & mounted it onto some Laura Ashley paper & placed on card.  I added some metal flowers & leaf (Vintaj) to the top of the cage by a glittery yellow brad.  The sentiment is TH Visual Artistry Lost & Found & is stapled to the card & the escaping butterflies (IndigoBlu) were stamped onto some Studio 490 Clearly for Art sheet, heated & shaped.

I have tried not to waffle toooo much this week!  Really enjoyed using the metal sheets - that is the metal sheets I have had for ages & not touched so thanks Hels for the inspiration.  I shall continue to have a play.  Thanks for popping by. Sx




6 comments:

  1. oooh FAB, love what you made Sue, tis lush... thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, I absolutely agree with Hels, this is lush indeed and I adore your butterflies and that saying is so apt for butterflies near a cage......great idea with the flowers across the bottom to instead of pearls. Love it! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your escaping butterflies! I've got some metal paper, and you're passing the inspiration on... determined to get them out and play now, so thank you for that!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you used the metal sheet...beware...it's addicting! Your cage is fabulous, and looks so real! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, I love this. Think that sums it up really! Creating a birdcage is the perfect use for metal and those butterflies are fantastic (isn't it a great stamp!) Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete