Friday 24 August 2012

Sunday Stampers - Week 219 - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker

Hels has made a very pretty, feminine steampunk piece for this weeks challenge.  As it's Mr French's birthday on the 27th I decided to make him a card. Not sure what he'll make of it - it's a tad bizarre & not sure I like it either!
I discovered some of Tim Holtz's sticky back metal sheets & embossed with a cog mask from That Speial Touch of Mica. I used Slate & Latte Adirondack alcohol ink to mottle the metal then mounted on some purple card. I then cut Tim's 'movers & shapers' wish die & inked with a Crafty Individual's music score stamp (CI-194). I did the same for the butterflies (TH again) also mounting the metal onto grungepaper for added stability.  Using the same alcohol inks I went over the music score - this made the original stamped image blend & mix as the inks removed some of the score. Next I mounted the metal 'wish' onto an oval scalloped Spellbinders die.  The wing is TH as is the cog & the metal brads are Creative Expressions. The little hearts on the butterflies have been in my stash forever!  I used black Pan Pastels on the wing & rubbed silver & purple 'rub 'n' buff' onto that & around the scalloped oval. 

I cannot believe that I only have one more week left before I go back to school.  This holiday has been so busy & full of mixed emotions. My son has just accepted a place at the University of Central Lancashire (so far away) & will be going in two weeks! I am very proud of him.  I will also be starting a new part-time job in October which I am very excited about. Lots of changes...I am looking forward to our local Summer Show next week-we are so lucky to still have this traditional show on our wonderful green so good luck to everyone entering into the fun of competition!  Thank you for taking the time to pop by & make comments - they are all appreciated. Have a good week & Happy Birthday Clive. Sx

4 comments:

  1. Cor you have lots going on! congrats to your son, fab news... and good luck with your new venture. Love this piece ,tis FAB, Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steampunkrocker more like! All that stuff going on in your lives, and still time to craft with great results... do hope all goes well over the next few weeks!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the amount of fab texture you have got onto this Sue. Stamping on metal is great. Love it. Congratulations to your son on his university place. I hope it is everything he wants and gets a lot from his time there. Thanks for all your lovely comments too. They mean so much. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sue, I can still remember when my Son went off to Uni and that was eons ago, he will be fine and he will love it and you will get used to it to, just takes a bit of time. Congrats on the new job, that's something positive to look forward to. Well if no one else likes the card you can always send it to me, I LOVE it! Love the metal, the butterfly, the embossing - everything! Brilliant job there. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete