Thursday 6 September 2012

Sunday Stampers - Week 221 - Tulips from Amsterdam

In a tribute to Max Bygraves who died last week Hels Sheridan has chosen 'Tulips from Amsterdam' and flowers as her challenge for this week. 

I began by covering a craft tag with dark green Pan Pastel then spritzed with Tattered Angels Creme de Rouge Glimmer Mist (had this for yonks) & Blue Patina Perfect Pearls.  I then edged the tag with Black Pan Pastel.  I'm really liking the pastels but need a bit more practice using them.  I stamped the tag with dylusions 'Around the Edge'  leaf border stamp with Versamark & used Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls on top.  I filled in the plain leaves with crushed olive Distress Marker then spritzed again with the Blue Patina.  The flower is made from a PaperArtsy flower stamped three times on Tim Holtz waxed paper, spritzed with the blue & attached with a yellow bling brad after curling the petals.  The moth is PaperArtsy & lightly coloured with blue Pan Pastel with another bling brad.  The 'wishes' is from a new Dymo machine although I'm sure I had one years & years ago & chucked it...oh dear, never get rid of anything as it will eventually come back in fashion again!  I added Espresso Dimensional Pearls at the base of the tag & a few other charms.
 
 The Bentley Show was a great success this year with the village green buzzing with people & soooo many dogs (there was a dog show too!).  I even managed to get my photo in the local newspaper (was horrified by this as I'm only ever happy behind the lens) but as it turned out it wasn't the worse photo I've seen (yes there's plently of them around!).  Back to school this week & that means a trip to Ally Pally at the end of the month & thinking about the Christmas school play...I'm off the Lancashire on Saturday to take Matt to Uni although NO ACCOMMODATION sorted out yet...only slightly panic stricken!  Have a great week everyone. Sx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, LOVE that beautiful bloom! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, your tag is gorgeous, love the blues and your Paper Artsy stamped flower is so beautiful. Now, you built it up and then you did not show the photo in the paper! I was looking forward to seeing that......well we would not want to take your beautiful tag away from centre stage anyway.......Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning flower on your lovely tag... gorgeous butterfly too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grungy flower is supreme!!! Great tag!!!

    ReplyDelete